A quick post today showcasing my favorite color to style all fall & winter long, cognac! If you don’t have anything cognac in your closet, you need to. It’s an oh so necessary neutral that pairs perfectly with both brown and black. I love to wear it with a monochromatic, all black look! I hope ya’ll have a spooky Halloween & great weekend!! As always, thanks for stopping by!
- Denim Jacket- The perfect classic piece to invest in. While the price point is high, I’m hoping to pick it up with a coupon code or at JCrew Factory for a discounted price. You really can’t go wrong with investing in quality, designer denim pieces. You’ll wear it year round and it will never go out of style. It can easily dress down a fancier look giving your closet more versatility.
- Long Cardigan- I love long cardigans & they can be styled in so many different ways. The quintessential light layer for the warmer, transitional fall days here in the south!
- Poncho- While it’s still relatively warm it can be styled with shorts or jeans and once the temperatures dip, just throw on a long sleeve shirt underneath it and a vest over top and you are good to go!
- Field Jacket- the layer that will go with EVERYTHING in your closet; hunter green goes well with any color scheme and is a necessity in every girl’s closet!
- Puffer Vest- I wear my black puffer vest all fall and winter long & love that it’s not too bulky or constricting. I’m thinking about updating my wardrobe with another color because I’ve gotten so much wear out of mine & will for years to come.
- Capelet- Similar to #3; I love this jacket/capelet and can layer underneath it when things cool down!
- Sweater Vest- An easy layer that will look good over a dress, t-shirt & jeans or even a jumpsuit.
What are your favorite staples to layer with for fall?! Am I missing anything from my list?! Comment below and let me know!
It was hard for me to narrow down my wish list to just these 7 picks! I have been wanting a pair of mules & the wedge option in #3 seals the deal for me- classic, on trend AND the perfect transitional shoe for “fall” in the south! I love the suede booties (#6) for when temperatures cool off. Numbers 1, 4 & 5 would be easy, comfortable staples to slip on when I’m headed out the door! I’ll always have a soft spot for sneakers (or tennis shoes!), like a classic pair of Converse (#2) & I love the Nikes in option #7! What shoes are you wanting to update your closet with this fall?!